Monday, December 29, 2014

But I fight for my reputation!

                                                                                              Attribution: James Gathany
Image: The Black Widow

Note: The Black Widow so-called 
as it will devour its mate after mating

MLMM's given words:
draftsack(a bag of garbage, figuratively a big belly) mischief
conceit zinc fizzle brick strangle ridicule android intersection

You call me a draftsack is that it!
I’m not given to mischief
Neither am I a conceit
But I can well cause grief

I take a lot of zinc
More manly than my man
He said let’s  have a fling
I said that suits me fine

I’m not lethal
But I cause a lot of pain
My man told me to fizzle
Gobbled him later that’s my gain

I’m not a brick wall
Neither do I strangle
If you ridicule me at all
You’ll end up spread-eagled

My android’s a little edgy
I’m now at the intersection
I offer no apology
But I fight for my reputation

For Mindlovemisery's Menagerie Wordle # 41 and
Kerry's hosting at Real Toad's Open Link Monday

19 comments:

  1. Hmm .. well now that's one interesting bit of poetry! Love it ... somewhere between the Lord of the Rings and Lord of the Flies perhaps! now, let's see if I can post this comment ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now for a WordPress comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fight or flight has to come due, bug or human, android`s everywhere as people yap to

    ReplyDelete
  4. "I offer no apology
    But I fight for my reputation" we are who we are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an interesting perspective from the spider's POV. I especially liked the way you wrapped it up in the final stanza.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes.. there is a lot of reputation lost if you eat your mate..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Definitely an interesting twist on a black widow. I could see some connections here, but some of this poem eluded me. Maybe because I am taking it as black and white. Then again poetry is meant to test someone's mind. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, till death do us part.... takes on a new meaning. Nicely done with some tough words.(i'm having trouble posting from my blog so here's my link https://debispoems.wordpress.com/2014/11/13/such-a-tiny-word/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very well written Hank I enjoyed this take and use of the words.

    ReplyDelete
  10. He (my man) said let's have a fling
    I said that suits me fine

    had an inviting ring, one usually followed by a story. That caught my eye and kept me wondering how painful that would have been.

    BTW, Google and his buddies told me that "draftsack" is not a word. I'll leave it there.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The word and its meaning given by MLMM. I take it as correct not really verifying.

      Hank

      Delete
  11. He did ask for a fling, didn't he? ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a terrible fate. But no one escapes Karma. So wonder who gobbled up the black widow? But the poem was very nicely done. Happy 2015.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great topic choice and much sympathy for the male! My husband encountered a male and female when he was working and the male was very calm, the female attacked him viciously luckily he was wearing gloves

    This is Yves aka Mindlovemisery I am trying to post with another platform. My name is not Amber something wrong with my Google account

    ReplyDelete