Tuesday, November 12, 2013

A Book Launch and Poetry Reading

                                                                                          Attribution:  Che Aris
Image: 1   A demure Ms Ninotaziz engrossed when reading my poetry, 'The Little Bird'


                                                                                         Attribution:  Che Aris
Image: 2   Followed by my long-time friend OP Tan Sri Aziz who read the 'River'.  In
the background are copies of books ' 100 National Heroes' written by OP Tan Sri Aziz himself


                                                Attribution:  Che Aris
 Image: 3 Not to be outdone my grand-child Nabil confidently at the mike reading the 'Eagle'


                                                  Attribution:  Che Aris
Image: 4 Hank together with OP Zenko our association's magazine editor


                                               Attribution:  Che Aris
Image: 5 Hank doing the book signing for OP Razali


The Haiku

Book Launch and poetry
reading done with great support
from family  and friends

The Prose

A Book Launch was done for Hank's book ‘Rainbow, Poetry and Prose last weekend Nov 10 at the prestigious Royal Lake Club. A modest crowd of distinguished guests, family and friends mainly from my old boy’s network (from  the Royal Military College) totaling  80 persons or so in number were there.

The Book Launch was performed by our association's President, eminent scientist Tan Sri Dr Salleh Mohd Nor. I am proud to mention here that we also had poetry reading by eminent poet, story-teller and blogger the wonderful Ninotaziz. Blogger Pakcik Hassan from Trengganu was instrumental in getting me into poetry and Madam Ninot was the guiding light. Pakcik had earlier apologized for not being able to come.

There was also a poetry reading by my long-time friend Tan Sri Abdul Aziz Abdul Rahman and my grandchild little Nabil who is just 8 years old (and he did it like a pro)

I wish to thank all those who were present for all their support that afternoon. All in all it had been an experience, a wonderful experience.

At the same time I wish to apologize to friends in blogosphere as the week leading to
this launch had adversely affected my response as well as response time to comments.

Thank you all!


Submitted for Brian’s hosting at d’Verse OpenLinkNight week #122

18 comments:

  1. Awesome, sounds like it was a hit and a nice turn out too. Congrats

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow. very nice hank...and how exciting as well...so cool that ninot was there as well..!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Madam Ninot has so much on her plate but she is always there when I'm in distress! Thanks Brian!

      Hank

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your book publication, Hank! What a wonderful event. I love the photos. How nice that Madam Ninotaziz was there too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Hank..a lovely moment in time for you...

    ReplyDelete
  5. ah this is wonderful... love that the fam gathered and that they support you in what you're doing... cool on seeing nino as well

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations. That is amazing. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your book launch Hank...Great photos.!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like a wonderful time! Congratulations Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations that's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow.. I'm so glad for you..
    How can I get to read it ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In time will be available as a softcover or an ebook version. Working out on it

      Hank

      Delete
  11. many congratulations, looking forward for the ebook!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It is a shame that I could not make it to the book launch in person, but in spirit, yes. My pleasure is to have seen a person with talent and potential achiving what he deserves. Congratulations, dear Hank. I kind of know that this is just the beginning. Salaam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations on the book launch and thank you for sharing the photos. And, of course, more of your poetry!

    ReplyDelete
  14. It was an honor to be there and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Congratulations Sir Hank!

    Please do email photos when you have the time…Salam to all. I am so glad I met Mrs Hank!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dear Hank,
    When I received your invitation through the sms, I with a heavy heart had to inform you with much regret that I could not attend it because I had another family function to oblige, a nephew's wedding reception. Otherwise I could have met many old friends from our alma mater. Congratulations Hank!

    ReplyDelete