Sunday, July 15, 2012

Curtains


                                                                                 artwork by Jack Vettriano


For all the sacrifices I made
In just a jiffy you called it quits
I didn’t anticipate this
Too small a thing to quarrel
Far too small to even think of
I’ve not given it that serious
thoughts. I know it’s close to
your heart. She’s so dear to you
I know it would hurt her but..

Yes, you told me. I know
But it was a silly mistake
It was there sitting pretty

She only came here once
If she comes a second time
We’ll do something about it
Ok, no white curtains
We’ll take them down
Your Mom hates lace
Fine, we’ll take them down
It’s just that I had always
liked lace!

Picture Credit: Courtesy of Tess' Mag

Written for Tess' Magpie #126

18 comments:

  1. Over lace curtains..ha.ha...~

    Or perhaps you did it on purpose...

    Happy Sunday Hank ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, gotta keep the mother-in-law happy or, there will be trouble in paradise.
    Nice interpretation of the pic Hank, made me smile :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A mama's boy through and through! I love the way the voice in the story, drops the hints that weave the tale. A creative and interesting write, Hank. Thank you for sharing.=D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comic relief, thank you. I needed this light story after writing mine. enjoyed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting twist...I wasn't expecting the mother...

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha have to please the mother in law or things may get drastic.

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha..you can not please everyone you know...smiles...oy...esp not mother in laws...smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great journey, this poem. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your writing is definitely on the up and up. This is great. Nice twist at the end as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Down with the mother in law ! , just lidding Hank, some of them are nice

    ReplyDelete
  11. All right! A man who appreciates the finer points of lace!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those mothers-in-law can be a big drag.

    (I hope I am not one of them...)

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's always the straw that breaks the camel's back..very imaginative!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh left me with a smile, rather laughter....nice take here!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Funny how little things can trigger
    perceived injustice in something bigger
    Nice write :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. you are cool Pare! love how it went...

    JJRod'z

    ReplyDelete
  17. Funny how something supposedly of no consequence can destroy what is supposed to be stronger than life itself. Or was it the straw that broke the camel's back? I have an ex mother in law - the relief when she qualified as an ex was astounding! Great write!

    ReplyDelete