Monday, May 21, 2012

A Tetractys

Image:1 Courtesy of Google images

What?
He did?
Worries me!
Semblance of care
Difficult to maintain easy but just
Get it over with, discipline is sought
Guidance a choice
Face the wrath
Beat it!
Git!

Note: Tetractys,  a poetic form invented by Ray Stebbing, consists of at least 5 lines of 1, 2, 3, 4, 10 syllables (total of 20). Tetractys can be written with more than one verse, but must follow suit with an inverted syllable count (courtesy of Real Toads, here)

I’ve chosen to write a Double Tetractys of 1, 2, 3, 4, 10, 10, 4, 3, 2, 1 

Written for d'Verse OpenLinkNights


6 comments:

  1. pain is wrath plays well with go on beat....ha...we are all faced with choices...the semblence of care is the hinge point in this for me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I commend you Hank. I'm a coward. As soon as someone says the word "form" my brain shuts down. But you did a really good job here. I like the message in your poem. Justice is often quick and only has a semblance of care. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Myrna Ma'am,
    Appreciate it! I faced the jitters just as much. A new form is uncharted territory in most instances. You feel the urge to test your nerves! The majority will find it as something new except for the seasoned few. Nothing like trying,though! Thanks!

    Hank

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure if this is maths or poetry.

    ReplyDelete